Did you know there is a project in Pathways for taking an officer’s role? This project is in Level 5 and expects that you have worked through most of your other levels. However, the requirement is to be an officer in Toastmasters (or another volunteer organization) for at least 6 months. Toastmasters allows us to look ahead. Those in leadership might want to look at this project now and understand the requirements to work towards in the coming months.
Those of you just getting started have a wonderful opportunity to work towards this goal. We will be having officer elections in early May – now is your opportunity!
Nominations are now open for all positions, including a new (not for credit) role of Associate VPE.
- You may nominate yourself or someone else, though they will have to agree to the nomination.
- You may continue in an existing role (except for President) if you wish.
We will elect from President to Sergeant-at-Arms, so if you run for a role and do not win, you may run for another office with a floor nomination.
If there are multiple candidates for a role, each candidate may present a 2-minute speech on their qualifications, or why they wish to have that role.
What is Involved?
Officers manage and direct the functioning of the program and are known collectively as the Executive Committee. This committee meets at the president’s discretion – usually monthly, though perhaps more often early in the Toastmasters year.
Expectations for all officers include:
- Attend the regular Executive Committee meetings
- Attend two training sessions: one in July-Aug and another in Jan-Feb
- Fulfill the requirements of their office, or find someone to fill-in in their absence
For more information on Officer Roles, see the Club Leadership Handbook.