Getting Started with Pathways
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—Robert Frost, “The Road Not Taken”
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
The Pathways learning experience is a flexible, interactive program designed to help members develop leadership and public speaking skills. To date, there are eleven different paths to choose from, including:
- Dynamic Leadership
- Effective Coaching
- Engaging Humor
- Innovative Planning
- Leadership Development
- Motivational Strategies
- Persuasive Influence
- Presentation Mastery
- Strategic Relationships
- Team Collaboration
- Visionary Communication
- Click on Pathways in the menu under the “Where Leaders are Made” slogan. This will expand the Pathways menu.
- Click on Choose a Path to open the page entitled Take Assessment and Choose Your Path.
- Click on the Take Your Assessment button. At this point, you can opt to go through Toastmasters’ assessment to determine what path they recommend (you are not obligated to accept their recommendation) or simply view all available paths and make your selection.
- To make a selection…
Without taking the assessment:
By first taking the assessment:
- Select your language and click Start.
- Answer the questions in the Pathway Assessment (the questions asked are based upon the primary areas of interest you indicate at the start of the quiz).
- Once complete, Toastmasters will suggest three different Paths for you to consider. If you don’t like any of the suggested Paths, click on the Additional Paths link at the bottom of the page.
- Once you have decided upon a Path, click the button labeled Choose this Path. You will be taken to Base Camp, the launch point for progressing through your chosen curriculum.
- The first time you visit, you will be offered a brief tour. Once you have completed the tour (or opted to forego it), click on Open Curriculum for your chosen Path to open the Level list.
- Under Level 1, click View Details. Each level of a given curriculum contains a number of projects that must be completed before you can progress to the next level — and eventually to the overall completion of the Path.
- Every Path begins with an Icebreaker project. Click on Activate to begin this project then Launch to open the project walkthrough in a popup (it may be helpful to maximize the popup, as it has a tendency to open in a size that is unreadable).
Important: While your first Path is free, each additional Path costs $20. If you find that you dislike your chosen Path, you have 30 days to contact Toastmasters International to request a change:
Phone: +1 720-439-5050
6 a.m.–7 p.m. Mountain Time
Monday–Friday, excluding U.S. holidays